No matter your lineage or the yoga “style” in which you practice, LifeForce Yoga can offer you strategies to enhance your mood without changing your basic practice. LifeForce Yoga is a practice of compassion that creates a big enough container to embrace and accept all the dualities of mood. The practice is adapted to the student, so each individual can move into a balanced emotional, mental, and physical state of equanimity and self-awareness.
- Pranayama and kriya breathing techniques that regulate the emotions
- Meditations that lift the mood
- Creating Affirmation (sankalpa)
- LifeForce Yoga Bhavana (Imagery)
- LifeForce Yoga Chakra Clearing Meditation
- LifeForce Yoga Nidra (sleep/awake, a form of meditative self-inquiry)
- Asana (postures)
- Tones that regulate the emotions (mantras)
- Hand gestures (mudras)
- Nondual Self-Inquiry through writing and Dyad Sharing
I completed Amy Weintraub's first LifeForce Yoga® training in 2014 and my RYT-200 training at Three Sisters Yoga, NYC in 2015. I incorporate LifeForce Yoga techniques with clients in talk therapy/clinical setting as well as private yoga and/or meditation sessions for individuals who just prefer to have a balancing, centering and relaxing therapeutic experience. I wholeheartedly believe in these practices as they have become a daily part of my life. Please visit www.yogafordepression.com for more information and research that supports the efficacy of LifeForce Yoga.